counter statistics

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Anoka Stadium Boondoggle

From the No Stadium Tax Elist:

[NoStadiumTax] New tactic - E-mail list to all elected Anoka County Officials Inbox

Dann Dobson to Bruce, Tony, john, Ronald, John, john, Will ...
More options 12:38 pm (4 hours ago)

While drafting a memo to Bruce today about the actual cost of a new Vikings Stadium in Anoka County, and how Ziggy will be able to cover his $280 million with the sale of PSL's, Personal Seat Licenses, I was surprised by some of the figures.

I was surprised to actually see Ziggy essentially can pay most or all his "contribution" with the sale of PSL's and possibly make a profit of over $40 million dollars. I then wondered how many citizens or elected officials have even heard this.

Yesterday we were talking about contacting the various City Council and Township members in Anoka County before we go before them with resolutions. I think this may be too late. Why not contact them all NOW and educate them about the real cost of a stadium in Anoka County? I am already distributing the No Stadium Tax Newsletter to all of the House members, it wouldn't be that difficult to distribute it to all of the elected officials in Anoka County.

I thought PSL's and Ziggy's contribution would be a good one to start with.

I pulled together a list of all of the communities, and possibly more in Anoka County from the web. I believe Mary Capra said there were 21 cities. According to various websites I found, the most inclusive being names/place.com
http://www.placenames.com/us/27003/ppl/, I found 35 communities / townships in Anoka County.

It would be super if someone could even get me all or some of the e-ddresses of the City Council and township members in Anoka. The top 21 cities would probably be easiest. I figure the number is between 120 and 140 names and e-ddresses, at 5 to 7 members per body and 21 bodies.

Here are the communities that I have thus far:


Andover
Anoka
Bethel
Blaine
Cedar
Centerville
Circle Pines
Columbia Heights
Constance
Coon Creek
Coon Lake Beach
Coon Rapids
Coppers Corners
East Bethel
Fridley
Ham Lake
Hilltop
Johnsville
Lake Netta
Lexington
Lino Lakes
Linwood
Martin Lake
Mort
Northdale
Nowthen
Oak Grove
Oak Park
Ramsey
Saint Anthony
Saint Francis
Soderville
Spring Lake Park
Thompson Heights
Thompson Riverview Terrace

Thanks!

Dann Dobson


Good points.

0 comments: