counter statistics

Friday, March 24, 2006

Let me get this straight. Many are in a lather about Senator Dean Johnson's unfortunate remarks about coversations with Minnesota Supreme Court Justices. He later admitted that he only spoke to one and that conversation was "embellished."

But nobody seems to be in a lather about the person who taped him, without his knowledge. If I am to believe what I read, this was at a meeting of pastors. How odd. I know it is legal to tape someone without their knowledge; I do not know if it is legal to use it. But, I believe it is irresponsible. If there was ever a time to be in a lather this would be one in my book.

It is also a time to be in a lather about the fact that the Republican Party took a case all the way to the Supreme Court of the United States to get a ruling that it is okay for Judges to talk about issues that may come before them. May is the operative word. But, Lo and Behold, the Republican Party is one group in a lather because of this transgression. What transgression? How odd.

I think people are in a lather about the wrong things. They should be upset with the person who did the taping. They should be upset with the Republican Pary, which protests too much. They should also be upset that Johnson reported that such a conversation occurred and maybe that it was had at all (if it was). In other words, they are all culpable.