counter statistics

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Twins Baseball Takes a Broad View of "Supporter"

I got this e-mail blast today.


A Special Message for New Ballpark Supporters

January 17, 2007

The 2006 season was a very special time in Twins history for many reasons. Certainly one the highlights was the approval of our long struggle to build a new outdoor ballpark for our players and our amazing fans.

Your help and support of the new ballpark initiative was instrumental in our efforts to achieve legislative approval. Thanks to you, we now can all look forward to watching our favorite team play in a beautiful, state-of-the-art ballpark in 2010.

Now is the time to position yourself for seats in the new ballpark. The month of January marks the official launch of our 2007 season ticket campaign. Out in front of this campaign, we would like to give those of you who were so supportive of our new ballpark efforts the opportunity to choose your season ticket plan and seat locations before they are sold to other new season ticket buyers. By joining the Twins season ticket holder family now you'll not only be able to select from the best available locations, but you'll also establish priority for seats in the new ballpark immediately. Twins season ticket plans in the Lower Level of the Metrodome start at just $340!

This is an incredibly exciting time for the ball club. The journey toward our new ball park is well underway and we're hopeful that you'll join us. Please call us at 612-375-7454 or visit TwinsBaseball.com for information on how to join the Twins season ticket holder family. In the meantime, please enjoy our fun, new E-brochure and learn more about the options available to you.

Thanks again for your fantastic support of the Twins.



I believe the reason I got this message was because in the past I've ordered single tickets on-line (maybe once a year).

There is an enormous chasm between being an occasional ticket buyer (and I enjoy the games) and supporting the 30 year sales tax scam with no referendum. I found the tone of this message to be incredibly offensive.

I wrote back, and copied a few Hennepin County Commissioners along the way.....

Are you kidding me?

I am as far removed from being a 'New Ballpark Supporter' as I can possibly get.

You're writing to a person who had letters to the editor published in the New Ulm Journal last fall, complaining about Brad Finstad's support for this sales tax with no referendum.

Please stop sending me marketing solicitations. My time is focused on re-directing my discretionary spending outside of Hennepin County.


If their ticket marketing strategy involves what is hugely arrogant assumption about support for a new stadium, I can permanently cross Twins baseball off of my list of entertainment options.

0 comments: