OutFront Minnesota Puts Out the Word on Bills Related to GLBT Community
CORRECTION FROM Jo Marciano at Outfront:
The Friday March 9th hearing is for SF 1369 (state employee domestic partner bill).
Lloydletta's Nooz can help advance the bills at the legislature by keeping your readers informed with the facts.
Here are the facts:
1) First committee hearing for the Local Government Health Benefits Bill - would allow local governments to offer domestic partner benefits to employees. 28 sponsors.
Friday, March 9th, 12:30 p.m. before the Senate Committee on State and Local Government Operations and Oversight
SF 960/ HF1097
2) New bill introduced on Thursday, March 1st.- State Domestic Partner Benefit Bill - would require state employees to be offered domestic partner benefits if comparable benefits are offered to spouses. 16 sponsors.
3) New bill introduced on Thursday March 1st - Hospital Visitation Bill - would allow people to designate their domestic partners as having the status of next of kin for purposes of hospital visits and medical decision making. 27 sponsors.
4) A domestic partner amendment has been added to a Sick Leave bill. Currently workers can take sick leave for themselves or if their children are sick. The bill would expand the scope of relatives to parents, spouses, etc. and an amendment has now been added to the house version to include domestic partners. The amended bill passed the House Committee on Labor and Consumer Protection.
5) If you've not done so, sign up for OutFront Minesota's E-news at https://www.outfront.org/action/e-news.html
6) Visit our website for information and updates.
7) Please direct all calls and emails to me - I now handle media inquiries
I appreciate that Outfront Minnesota is starting to give me information.
The other material I have reported about these bills have also been facts. I have been questioning house and senate leadership about these bills. Two writers for Lloydletta's Nooz are constituents of Larry Pogemiller and Phyllis Kahn.