counter statistics

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Relative of Minnesota Family Institute Leader Speaks Out Against Him

Minnesota Monitor comment thread:

I'm ashamed...
I'm ashamed to admit being related (thankfully a couple levels removed) to the CEO of the Minnesota Family Council John Helmberger. However, I feel it is my responsibility to speak out against him and the MCF at every opportunity, in the hopes of off-setting our family name's affiliation with John, his views and the council.

In a large family that includes loved, accepted and openly gay and lesbian family members, I find it reprehensible for John Helmberger to state,""Homosexual activists are aggressively targeting the most vulnerable members of our society, our children,". For him to imply that our children are in any way "at risk" by the GBLT members, turns my stomach. I would feel more comfortable leaving my child in the middle of a Gay Pride parade than I would leaving my child with him for 20 minutes.

I was raised in a Christian home with strong morals and values. We believe in "Let He Who is Without Sin Cast the First Stone." John Helmberger appears to have a whole bucket full of miseducated, misguided, unproven and 1950's stereotypical stones and he's casting them out.
by: Nicole Helmberger

0 comments: