Stadium Boondoggle Update
Check out the Strib for more.
Bell says things are going well, Mike Opat isn't so sure:
"We believe there's a process in place that will allow the condemnation process to move forward," Bell said after his TV and radio appearances. "To be honest, I would not be here [in Florida] if I wasn't comfortable that things are going well."
Bell added that the unveiling of designs for the $522 million, 40,000-seat ballpark, which was postponed in February because of a much-publicized impasse over the land sale, has been rescheduled for April 5.
But Hennepin County Commissioner Mike Opat, the lead stadium negotiator for the county board, said late Tuesday that it would be premature to say a deal to move forward with the ballpark's construction had been reached.
"I'm more confident than I've been, but we're not done," Opat said, adding that negotiations were continuing.
The Strib also has an online poll on the topic. Seems like the Twins have gotten their people to vote in the poll.