counter statistics

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Hate Crimes Legislation

Both sides are using straw man arguments addressing their opponents on this bill.

I expect Norm Coleman will be voting in favor of this bill. He told me he supported such legislation when he met with me and one other representative from the local chapter of Log Cabin Republicans. I told him that while I personally opposed hate crimes legislation, that Log Cabin Republicans - like most of the mainstream gay organizations - supports hate crimes legislation.

The hysterical bleating by the theocrats that this bill bans "thought crimes" is nonsense.

The vote will be tomorrow. I just got an email from Peter LaBarbera asking people to call President Bush to make a high profile speech against this bill. I doubt Bush will do any such thing. Why should he? Where are LaBarbera et al going to go?

0 comments: