counter statistics

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Update: Week 1 of Kahn-ignorning-constituents-gate

The silence is deafening. Last Friday, I sent Representative Kahn and Senator Pogemiller an email posing questions as to why the DFL decided to sacrifice GLBT issues in favor of spending and tax increases. I still haven't heard back from either of them. Below is my second email.

=========

Hello Representative Kahn-

I am writing to follow up on my email from Friday 04May2007 regarding the choice to throw the GLBT citizens of our state, under the bus in fear of the Governor's veto. In addition to that, I am curious if the DFL will be bringing the measures up for a vote to override a veto? I look forward to a prompt response to this and the other questions posed to you.


-Peace-
David Joseph De Grio

=====ORIGINAL TEXT=====
Representative Kahn-

I am writing you and Senator Pogemiller today to express my sheer
disappointment in you and your cauccus. You, and the DFL have claim
to be on the side of Gay Rights. You have collected money from us and
you have asked us to help get you elected. In fact, earlier this
session you and I spoke over the phone regarding this bill and the
hospital visitation and I was encouraged by your alleged commitment to
GLBT rights. Now I read in today's paper that you and the DFL have
capituated to the Governor's veto threat and removed domestic partner
benefits from a spending bill.

Why in the hell would you do that? You and your cauccus need to get a
backbone and stand up for what is RIGHT, not what is politically
convenient. Why would to stand up to9 the Governor's veto threat over
raising taxes but bend over when it comes to our rights? Is getting
money and power more important than protecting a large portion of your
constituency? I voted for you in 2006 because I thought that you
would stand up for principle, not politics. You have disappointed me,
but more than that you have lost my vote in the next election. In
fact, should I continue to reside in your district you may even face a
challenge by me, for your seat in the Minnesota House of
Representatives. I understand that you don't set the legislative
agend for the cauccus, but that doesn't exempt you from the
responsibilty to stand up and speak out against your party leaders.
What is more important, the party or the people? The deafening
silence by many DFLers shows that party is more important.

Why should we continue to support you and your party? I see no
reason. The questions posed in this email are not rhetorical, I do
look forward to hearing your response.

Respectfully disappointed-

David Joseph De Grio
SE Como

1 comments:

broom4senate said...

In regards to David D's respone to Broom not having a snowball's chance of getting the I.P. endorsement and then saying..."and you can qoute me on it"???? I think I will. I'm just wondering what Dave will say when I draw more votes than Al Franken?