counter statistics

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Excellent Video Challenging the Theocrats

From GayPatriot:


My apologies to Bruce and Dan if it may seem that I’m hogging their blog today, but I wanted to share this video I made. The term “homophobia” certainly isn’t perfect and is often misused for political purposes, yet there are cases where it does fit. When it comes to violence and real bigotry against gays, I have no problem calling a spade a spade and religious beliefs are not an excuse to avoid the truth of the matter. This video was put together out of frustration with so-called Christians who claim to love gays while continuing to spout nothing but pure hatred against us. It might seem like a general indictment but isn’t intended as such. I know that not all Christians are like this, I am just weary of those who are filled with such hatred which seems to go against what their faith is all about. Believing something is a sin is one thing, treating others with malice and hatred in the name of God is something entirely different. All the people shown in this video were driven to suicide or were murdered because they were gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender. Is this what the “love of Christ” is supposed to be about? Somehow I don’t think so…