counter statistics

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Repya News Release

NEWS RELEASE FROM THE JOE REPYA MN GOP CHAIR CAMPAIGN

June 6, 2007

I entered the campaign to become the next Minnesota Republican Party Chairman convinced that the Party needed strong, principled leadership to win in 2008.

Recent events exposing mismanagement of our Party are exactly why I have repeatedly said "Leadership Matters!" When elected as the new Chairman on Saturday, June 9th, I will immediately initiate an independent financial audit of the Minnesota Republican Party.

Please let me make this perfectly clear: neither I nor anyone else on my personal campaign staff had anything to do with leaking documents or stories to the Star Tribune. But under my leadership the Republican Party of Minnesota will in good faith investigate all allegations and produce substantial verifying documentation, above and beyond the concessions made by a portion of the current Party Executive Committee.

In order for Republicans to get back on the Road to Victory in 2008, we need solid and honorable leadership to inspire our grassroots, motivate our candidates, and deliver our positive message back to the majority in the legislature and in Washington.


UPDATE: Andy Aplikowski also posts Repya's news release.

A Carey supporter and commenter - GOPGal attacks Andy Aplikowski:

# gopgal Says:
June 6th, 2007 at 7:46 pm

Now this sure is interesting Andy, especially after you made a huge fuss about how you had nothing to do with the leaking of the memo.

This line is what really is interesting:

“Please let me make this perfectly clear: neither I nor anyone else on my personal campaign staff had anything to do with leaking documents or stories to the Star Tribune.”

So Repya needs to make it clear that his PERSONAL campaign staff had nothing to do with this. I am a delegate, and everything I have seen points to the fact that his wife is possibly the only personal staff he has.

I think you need to answer why this wording was used, because he does not seem to be defending anyone else with ties to his campaign.


I'm sure there are going to be a number of delegates that will be very happy when all this is over with.

0 comments: