counter statistics

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Text of Sen. Carrie Ruud's Letter

June 4, 2007

Dear Fellow Republicans,

As a Former State Senator I am asking you to support Joe Repya for Minnesota Republican Party Chair. When I was elected in 2002, I was one of 13 new Republican Freshman Senators; it was the first time my seat in District #4 was ever in Republican hands. The Republicans in the Senate were ever so close to the being in the Majority, the House of Representatives was solidly in Republican hands and Governor Pawlenty was at the helm. I had the luxury of working with Republican House members from 2A, 4A, 4B, 12A, and 12B. Minnesota was headed in the right direction! After the 2006 elections there are no longer any Republican legislators left north of Brainerd and our BPOU's are demoralized or non-existent. Greater Minnesota was and has been abandoned. I am not going to say anything bad about Ron Carey's leadership because I had my first, last, and only conversation with him (or anyone at the state level for that matter) in early 2006, which I think speaks volumes in and of itself.

We need leadership that will recognize what "Grassroots" politics really is. I believe Joe Repya understands what needs to change in Minnesota and has the energy and will to accomplish it. Without strong party infrastructure starting at the BPOU level throughout the state, recruiting excellent candidates is a lesson in futility - they cannot win.

I ask you to change the direction our party is going and elect Joe Repya as our State Party Chair. I have heard that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. We have the opportunity to change our direction – lets take advantage of it and elect Joe Repya!

If you have any questions I would be happy to discuss them with you. 218-820-0779.


Former District #4 Senator
Carrie Ruud