counter statistics

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Who Paid for These Calls in Minnesota GOP Chairs Race?

The Drama Queen isn't covering the Minnesota GOP Chair's race in his blog, but he's a strong supporter of the incumbent, Ron Carey, and has said as much on his radio show, the Final Word. A couple commenters have posted about calls they received on his blog.

# gopgal Says:
June 1st, 2007 at 9:46 pm

Michael, I know you are following the chair’s race closely and I wanted to see if you know anything about a polling call that both my husband and I received earlier this evening.

A caller called and asked if I was supporting anyone for deputy chair, I indicated I was not. The caller then asked if I would be open to supporting Joe Repya for deputy chair. At this point my interest is peaked as I am very confused. The caller was very polite and seemed in no way to be in any way partisan.

I really wish that I had asked who payed for the call, but I was so surprised at the content. I did call a few other people in my bpou and a few others did receive the call. I would be interested to see how wide this is and if it may be to targeted delegates.
# CM67 Says:
June 1st, 2007 at 11:44 pm

I received a similar call this evening, as did two other delegates in my area. I have narrowed my choice for deputy chair to two candidates.

The caller was very polite, but they did press me on who I was supporting for deputy chair. When I said the names of who I was supporting at this time, the caller asked if I would consider supporting Joe Repya.

I didn’t ask who paid for the call.


Those delegates must be getting a fair amount of mail and phone calls.

0 comments: