counter statistics

Monday, July 16, 2007

Drama Queen Rants About Ellison's Nazi Analogy Again

Among his examples is Becky Lourey's use of Pastor Niemoller on her website:

I can’t believe what I am reading.
“First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew. Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak outbecause I was not a Communist. Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak outbecause I was not a trade unionist.Then they came for meand there was no one left to speak out for me.” Pastor Niemöller (victim of the Nazi)
Is Lourey calling me a Nazi?

This was the first comment:

# FMB Says:
July 16th, 2007 at 4:14 pm

Great quotes, don’t you think?

I especially like the one where Becky Lourey minimizes the tragedy and ugliness of the Holocaust by suggesting that by defining marriage as being between a man and a woman DOMA somehow “went after” gay people.

Oh, and as if gay people have ever been kept down and oppressed! Hello people, have you not SEEN Will and Grace? Please. They run Hollywood.

Them and the Jews. Coincidence? I think not.


Fake Michael Brodkorb said...

I hate it when you call me a drama queen.

I have feelings to, you know!

I'm a real person, dammit! (despite what my posting name implies to the contrary)

I deserve respect.