counter statistics

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Will the Human Rights Campaign Ask Hillary Clinton to Explain This?

The Fix:

Clinton defended DOMA ("it served a very important purpose") and welfare reform ("the positives far outweigh the negatives"), passed to former Vice President Al Gore on telecommunications ("Al was very involved in designing and pushing that through") and acknowledged that NAFTA wasn't ideal ("it did not realize the benefits it was promised.")

I sent HRC the following:

I hope HRC follows up with Hillary Clinton about what was the "important purpose" DOMA served - especially since it conflicts with her stated stand that she supports civil unions with all benefits - DOMA prohibits that at the federal level.

Their field person wrote me to thank me for the question. We'll see if the question gets used. I'd encourage others to send a similar question to