counter statistics

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Breaking Nooz! Amy Klobuchar Responds to Constituent Email

A friend of mine got a response on his letter about FISA:

Below is the Senator's response to my concerns about FISA. To say the least, I am disappointed. The fact that there is a sunset does not mitigate the
damage that has been done to our our rights by not confronting this administration.

Dear :

Thank you for contacting me concerning the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

You should first know that the FISA bill which passed both the House and Senate a few weeks ago is a temporary measure -- an interim fix extending for the
next six months. I would have preferred the version offered by Senator Carl Levin, which I voted for. Unfortunately, that version did not pass, and I voted for the extension on a temporary basis only, because I couldn't allow there to be a gap in our intelligence gathering activity - our safety depends on our ability to continue tracking terrorist networks.

Please know that I will actively work during this temporary six month extension to ensure any permanent FISA extension strikes the right balance between protecting our safety and protecting our civil rights.

The resignation of Attorney General Gonzales is the first step in achieving that balance, and I hope that his departure lifts the cloud that has lingered over the Justice Department. He leaves a legacy of justice tarnished. I was among the first to call for his resignation, and I am hopeful that a new Attorney General will be a more independent voice for the people and uphold the principles of law and justice in this country.

Thank you again for your input, and please don't hesitate to contact me again regarding this or any other issue.

Sincerely,

Amy Klobuchar
United States Senator

1 comments:

Celia said...

These articles are fantastic; the information you show us is interesting for everybody and is really good written. It’s just great!! Do you want to know something more? Read it...:Great investment opportunity in Costa Rica: condos resort, destin beach, destin condos. Visit us for more info at: http://www.jaco-bay.com/