counter statistics

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Response from Mary Turck - Editor of the Daily Planet

I am not sure what question is being asked in this extended exchange of e-mails that was forwarded to me. For the record:

1) The inaccuracies in the original article were primarily in names and dates. For example, a 2002 lobbying trip was described as a 2003 lobbying trip. Brad Pass was misidentified as Alan Pass. There were enough mistakes of this sort, and general criticism of the article's tone and substance, that I pulled the article for review and revision.

2) In reviewing the article, what I considered the substance of the article was verified. The rewrite made the article substantially longer. Some parts that were less central to the article were cut. The paragraph regarding the lawyers was one that I regarded as peripheral to the main points of the article.

0 comments: