counter statistics

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Aravosis Goes After Obama Again

In the process, he says this:

On a more serious note, this pattern of embracing gay-bashers and wife-beaters is starting to suggest that perhaps Obama is trying to curry favor within his own community at the expense of lots of other communities, and worse, his soul.

This prompts a thread on DU:

John Aravosis: Angry racist asshole

Edited on Wed Oct-24-07 07:44 PM by geek tragedy

Yes. The way to the black community's heart is by embracing gay-bashers and wife-beaters. Thanks for that brilliant insight, you racist son of a bitch.

Aravosis now backtracks:

CORRECTION: A few friends alerted me to the fact that one of the sentences in my closing paragraph sounded as if I was implying that there was a wife-beater constituency in the black community (or elsewhere). I don't think any such thing, have never heard of such a thing, certainly didn't intend to imply it, and I apologize for giving that impression. Rather than rework the sentence, I deleted it outright to avoid even the appearance of such a suggestion. What I was trying to say, and I think the rest of the paragraph explains clearly enough, is that there's a growing pattern of Obama embracing celebrities that are just downright nasty people, and worse, once he finds out how nasty they are, he continues to embrace them because they're celebrities and can help him reach their fans. And I think that stinks.