I'm going to be helping with an E-Democracy sponsored workshop on Blogging at the Rondo Library in St Paul.
- Statcounter: http://www.statcounter.com
- Sitemeter: http://www.sitemeter.com
- Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/analytics/
- Flickr: http://www.flickr.com
- Photobucket: http://www.photobucket.com
- Youtube Video: http://www.youtube.com
- Haloscan: http://www.haloscan.com
- Adding new widgets using Firefox. This will work using IE.
Marketing your blog:
- Comment on other blogs
- Post on Elists related to your blog topic
- Put your blog address on your email signature
- Put your blog address on a business card
- Get your blog added to blog portal sites
- Send tips to higher traffic blogs when you have a post that's in their area of interest
Local Blogger gatherings:
- Minnesota Organization of Blogs (Righty blogs) - Keegans Pub, Minneapolis, Thursday Nights
- Drinking Liberally - Liberal Blogs, and liberals - 331 Club, Minneapolis, Thursdays
- Don't count on not being found out
- Local Examples: Minnesota Democrats Exposed --> Michael Brodkorb outed when there was a lawsuit, Stillwater Infidel --> Tom Nacey outed by KSTP after he posted personal information about School Bond referendum opponents.
- National Examples - Stop Sex Predators - blogging about Mark Foley's IMs to pages. After blogger was exposed as Lane Hudson - an employee of the Human Rights Campaign, Hudson lost his job. GayPatriot - was exposed in Washington Blade after posting what appeared to be a terroristic threat.