counter statistics

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Tom Swift's Lies About the Gay Community

Andy Birkey took the unhinged Tom Swift aka Swiftee up on his challenge.

Tom Swift of the blog "Pair 'o Dice" or "Restraininorder" not sure which, has spent a considerable amount of time over the past few years making untruthful assertions about LGBT people, particularly gay men. I wrote that he makes such assertions which he disputes: "Listen sport, if you're going to call *me* a liar, you had better be prepared to back it up. Let's see proof of a "less than truthful" assertion I've made."

To clear the air and back-up my claims, I spent about 20 minutes compiling a few examples. This is not an exhaustive list. There are many more, I'm sure, at his blog, in other blogs comments, and on political list-serves. I looked for instances where he discussed gay men and AIDS specifically on his blog. Here is what I've found (Swiftee as synonymous with Tom Swift).


Go read the whole thing.

0 comments: