counter statistics

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Michael Brodkorb Speaks Out About Tracy Eberly's Racist Post

Karl Bremer's article in the Daily Mole has had some effect among at least one MOB member, Michael Brodkorb.


I have pulled Anti-Strib down from my list of "daily reads" read blogs after reading this post authored by Tracy Eberly. I have also removed Anti-Strib from Party of Pawlenty's blogroll. The decision to remove Anti-Strib from Party of Pawlenty's blogroll was made after speaking with some of the other bloggers who participate in the site.

I believe the post titled "Dirt Worshiping Heathens" is a vile and racist, hate-filled rant. I will not reward a blog that proudly engages in racism and mocks alcoholism in Native American communities with a post tagged with the label "Mad Dog" by providing them with prominent link on a blog that I have editorial control or direct input.

Kudos to Michael Brodkorb for doing the right thing. Commenters on his site so far agree with him, except for the Admiral, who posts on AntiStrib.

# Jeff Fecke Says:
November 11th, 2007 at 12:15 am

I’m sure the lefties will attempt to attack you in some way over this

Nope. Why would we attack Mike for doing the right thing, if only this once? Good behavior should be rewarded, and cutting Tracy loose is the right decision for any human.
# The Admiral Says:
November 11th, 2007 at 12:33 am

I am one of the contributing writers over on Anti-Strib. I read the post in question (didn’t write it) and quite frankly I’m surprised you fell victim to political correctness.

Whenever a truth is uncovered that is not particularly pleasant, it always turns to racism, or something else along those lines. This is one of those occasions.

When referring to the 9/11 attacks, do you think it is not appropriate to say it like it is, they were Islamic terrorists, or, do you use the sanitized politically correct school issued text book version, “a small group of extremists”?

As for me, I’d rather hear it, and tell it, like it is.
# Michael B. Brodkorb Says:
November 11th, 2007 at 12:55 am

Admiral: This has nothing to do with political correctness. The post I referenced on Anti-Strib is racist. You have every right to “…tell it, like it is”, but I don’t have to like it or promote it.

# Honeydog Says:
November 11th, 2007 at 5:27 am

Admiral, I’m an American Indian. (Notice I didn’t use the PC term for my people…) What Tracy wrote was clearly racist, hate filled, and had very little to do with the truth.

It will be interesting to see what other blogs do about this.