counter statistics

Monday, November 12, 2007

The Shifting Sands of Mitch Berg and Tracy Eberly After Being Called Out by Karl Bremer

It's interesting that as more and more commenters seem to support Brodkorb's actions over Berg's Mitching, both Mitch and Tracy have changed their tune. And Berg has relied more and more on personal attacks instead.

Anyway, here's the evolution of Berg and Eberly:

Mitch, 11/10:

So read Eberly’s piece. I did. For the first time. I didn’t like it much, and don’t agree with it. Of course, I understand where it comes from - and it’s not racism.

To know that, of course, the reader would need to know the context of the story as well as the pull-quotes Bremer has elected to highlight.

Mitch, 11/12:
He said some things that, depending on your point of view, one could call “dumb”, “insensitive” (yeah, like a real conservative is going to use that term) or “racist”.

Tracy Eberly, 11/11:

I have no intention of changing the blog or appoligizing for highlighting the flaws in a culture. (Especially one that we subsidize!)

But hey, the left paid the race card and won this round, so I guess we should all be careful about what we say, or how we say it. That’s the America that the Veteran’s we are celebrating today dioes for, isn’t it?

Tracy Eberly, 11/12:

# Tracy E Says:
November 12th, 2007 at 2:52 pm

I added links to 3 explaination threads and noted some edits that I would have made if I had it to do over.

“Humanoid animals” was poor choice of words and did come off as racial when I was talking about their society.


Berg has also resorted to venomous threats:

And while I don’t believe in Karma, I DO believe that what goes around, comes around.

For at least one of the parties in this flap, maybe sooner than he/she/it thinks.


Flash calls him out:

#flash Says:
November 12th, 2007 at 2:36 pm

"They don’t care about context, about the bigger picture, or about what you really meant and who you really are."

To be fair, they learned it from you guys, Mitch! You all have been great teachers and were the ones that set the bar to begin with. So the Karma you speak is coming back to roost, so to speak,

Flash

1 comments:

Avidor said...

"For at least one of the parties in this flap, maybe sooner than he/she/it thinks."

I better hide my crayons...