counter statistics

Monday, December 17, 2007

Minneapolis Police Chief Tim Dolan Isn't Happy With Rich Stanek's Self Promotional Video

Brian Lambert from Lambert to the Slaughter obtained a copy of the following:

Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2007 8:20 AM
To: Rybak, R.T.; Johnson, Barbara A.; Bosacker, Steven
Subject: Stanek Video

I read Kaszuba's article today. He did not dig to get the realities of Stanek's involvement at the 35W Bridge Collapse. His theft of the credit is not going to sit well with my staff and our hard working partners. Mayor and Barb, you were at the meeting with the president - I asked for the Navy divers. I also met privately with the Gov to reinforce that issue and asked him to convince Rich to accept that offer. Forte was also involved in these discussions. Rich asked for Army Corp Engineers. I also had to caution Rich on his over estimates of missing. I would also doubt he closed the nearby bridges. Allen would know the facts there. It is sad, but the truth needs to be told.

Steven, I did not talk about the President meeting in the video. Maybe we should add that discussion.