counter statistics

Friday, January 18, 2008

Al Franken: "No one likes a gay bashing joke better than me." Coleman Uses this in an Ad

The latest of Al Franken's anti-gay statements:

Q:"OK Al, what was your most memorable event of 1992?" Al Franken: "… I’d say it was Pat Buchanan’s eighth gay-bashing reference in his convention address." Q: "First seven didn’t get to you, but the eighth one did it?” Franken: "Yeah, "It was something about the Democratic Party being cross dressers or something. I think that’s what it was. I mean, no one likes a gay bashing joke better than me. But this was serious." ("Crossfire," CNN, January 1, 1993)


Press Release here:

Press Release: Coleman For Senate Releases "Things You Won't See In An Al Franken Ad"

Friday, January 18, 2008

Coleman for Senate

New Webvideo Shows Voters The Al Franken They Won't See On TV

SAINT PAUL – With Al Franken running TV ads that gloss over the less-than-flattering parts of his career, the Coleman for Senate campaign today released a new webvideo to show the voters of Minnesota what Franken doesn’t want them to see. “Things You Won't See In An Al Franken Ad” features Franken's extensive history of tasteless comedy and divisive partisan rhetoric.

"Despite Franken's latest attempts to repackage himself as a kinder, gentler candidate, Al Franken can’t hide who he really is," said campaign manager Cullen Sheehan. "No matter how much of his Hollywood money he spends on TV ads, Al Franken won’t be able to sweep his record of over-the-top partisan attacks and offensive remarks under the rug,"

Click here to watch the video:

Webvideo Backup:

WARNING: Due to the offensive nature of these remarks, citations supporting Al Franken’s comments in the video are available by request only.


Web Video backup was posted on the Drama Queen's site:

Webvideo Backup:

"Q: Do you ever see yourself moving back here (Minnesota)? Franken: "I visit family a lot, but no, I think I'm in New York pretty much permanently. My life is here, my kids grew up as New Yorkers." (Neal Karlen, "Why Not Al?" Minnesota Monthly, November 1998)

Al Franken: "Republicans are shameless dicks. No, that’s not fair. Republican politicians are shameless dicks." (Al Franken, The Truth (With Jokes), Plume, p. 58, 2006)

Al Franken: "But, you know what, I don’t want to get into a whole partisan politics thing here. Not in this book, anyway. We’ll leave that for my next book, I F***ing Hate Those Right-Wing Motherf***ers!, due out in October 2004.” (Al Franken, Lies And The Lying Liars Who Tell Them Plume, p. 107, 2003)

Al Franken: "Limbaugh listeners thought they were the best informed, yet were the least informed. … But why would people so woefully lacking in the basic facts of an issue think they were the best informed? Social scientists call it "pseudo-certainty." I call it 'being a f***ing moron.'" (Al Franken, Rush Limbaugh Is A Big, Fat Idiot, And Other Observations, 1996, p.16)

Al Franken: "Nobody Likes Getting An Abortion. Except, Perhaps, Rape Victims. It’s just that pro-choice people know that sometimes women get pregnant when they aren’t ready to have a child." (Al Franken, The Truth (With Jokes, Plume, p. 124, 2006)

Q:"OK Al, what was your most memorable event of 1992?" Al Franken: "… I’d say it was Pat Buchanan’s eighth gay-bashing reference in his convention address." Q: "First seven didn’t get to you, but the eighth one did it?” Franken: "Yeah, "It was something about the Democratic Party being cross dressers or something. I think that’s what it was. I mean, no one likes a gay bashing joke better than me. But this was serious." ("Crossfire," CNN, January 1, 1993)

"LAUER: And people read that, and then started coming up to you and, because your take on politics was so astute, saying you should run for president. Is that where the idea for this book came? Mr. FRANKEN: Yeah. Well, people actually said I should just run for any public office, they didn't care, because they felt I was obviously interested in politics, I had some celebrity, I've been on television, I'm very good looking. So–and I tried to tell people I would not be a good office holder, because I'm very indecisive and I'd be terrible. So… (Transcript, "Today," NBC, January 12, 1999)

0 comments: