counter statistics

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Strib to Do Story on Internal Backbiting in Minnesota GOP in Response to Ron Carey's Endorsement of Mike Huckabee

Andy Aplikowski was interviewed for the story by two separate reporters.

Well, it is an interesting night for sure. I have had 2 Star tribune reporters call me. (Note: They called me) They were inquiring about the Carey Huckabee deal and what might take place tonight. I did talk to them.

For others out here I’ll share, I suppose I could give a state of things update. The Republican Party of Minnesota State Executive Committee is meeting as I type this. it was a regularly scheduled monthly meeting, but this will likely take up a considerable portion of the agenda. I can’t tell you what is going to happen, I really don’t know.

I do know that at least some members of the State Ex. Comm. are not happy about this, and something is going to happen. I think we could expect a few things. The outcome of tonight will probably be along the lines of my post from last night. The Strib is going to write on this. And Chances are there will be some who are not happy.

If Carey is asked to leave the party, his die hard supporters and Huckabee backers will be upset. If he just slapped on the wrist, others won’t be satisfied and this will probably not be over.

I think it is safe to say that Carey did cross a line and raise serious concerns about trust/loyalty/accountability of the paid full-time employee. And that is not sitting well with the State Central Committee.


Go read the whole thing.

0 comments: