In this week's New Yorker magazine, Paul Slansky published a quiz about the 2007-08 presidential campaign. Here is the most remarkable question. See how you do... I'll post the answer in a few days.
Of the ten statements listed below, half refer to Mike Huckabee, the other five are attributed to ex-candidate Rudy Giuliani. Can you match the candidate to the statement?
- He said of MoveOn.org's 'General Betray Us' ad, "It passed a line that we should not allow American political organizations to pass".
- Asked about financial disclosures, he said, "I'm not doing more than what is absolutely required."
- He asked, 'Don't Mormons believe that Jesus and the Devil are brothers?"
- He said, "Most of our prisoners would love to be in a facility more like Guantanamo."
- He scoffed at the notion that sleep deprivation is torture, saying, "On that theory, I'm getting tortured running for President of the United States. That's plain silly."
- He turned up on Outdoor Life's list of the twenty-five most influential people in hunting and fishing.
- He assured a New Hampshire child who asked about the possibility of an intergalactic attack that "we'll be prepared for that."
- Ten years ago, his son was allegedly involved in the hanging of a dog while at Boy Scout camp.
- A conservative group ran an ad saying that he understands that 'all the average guy with a Confederate flag on his pickup truck is saying is he's proud to be a Southerner."
- It was written of him, "[His] Nixonian soul comes bearing the face of a particularly cruel Renaissance cardinal."
And in case you're thinking, oh, more hate speech from the liberal media, the same quiz has a true or false question:
An hour after attacking Barack Obama's voting record on "Meet the Press", Hillary Clinton appeared at a black church and declared herself to be "so proud" of him.
For the record... the correct answer is 'true'.
Answers re: Rudy and Huck: #1, 2, 5, 7 and 10 are Rudy. The others are the Huckster.