counter statistics

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

After 6th Months, Klobuchar Responds - and Takes No Position on Repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Dear Ms. Young:

Thank you for contacting me about H.R. 1246, the Military Readiness Enhancement Act of 2007. I appreciate hearing from you on this particular piece of legislation.

As you may know, H.R. 1246 would repeal current Department of Defense (DOD) policy concerning homosexuality in the Armed Forces. It was introduced in the House on February 28, 2007, and referred to the House Committee on Armed Services. I will keep your comments in mind should this or related legislation come before the full Senate for a vote.

To keep track of what I am doing both in Washington and in Minnesota, please visit my website at You may also like to track legislation through the Library of Congress legislative information website at

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. Please do not hesitate to contact me again about this or other matters of importance to you.


Amy Klobuchar
United States Senator

This should be an easy one for Amy Klobuchar.

Klobuchar did send me a fundraising email about Earth Day 5 days ago. I sent her campaign an irritated response:

Why should I contribute to a Senator who never writes back when I write about legislative issues?

It's amazing that Klobuchar's campaign has the nerve to ask me for money.

Eva Young