counter statistics

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Focus on the Family Action Calls for People to Pray for Rain



More at the Colorado Springs Gazette.

From comments:

colojason wrote:
My gosh, I can't belive that Focus on (Your) Family is actually trying to pretend like they didn't mean this to be taken seriously. Of course they're praying for rain.

The thing they'll never understand is that even if we did have that kind of rain... we'd still have 70,000 people in Invesco ready to support Obama. America can't afford another 8 years of what we've got now and we're going to do what it takes to bring change to this nation.
8/11/2008 8:21:42 PM
Recommend(14) Report Abuse

wofats wrote:
Like bridget mentioned, the article only mentions a dozen or so of Focus' own ilk that complained. And kudos to them. It wasn't Obama supporters. (Unless those Focus folk happened to be progressives. Which would amaze me. We could dub them the "FotF Enlightened Dozen".)

For me, it's not so much that I like Obama that I'd protest this, it's more because I hate Focus and relish any chance to cast bile in their direction. (You've got me dead to rights there Truthforce.)

Seriously though... you know Rush, Hannity, and Bill O would be crying for heads to roll if MoveOn had an ad asking people to pray that McCain gets painfully chapped arse cheeks before he make his acceptance speech.

It goes both ways and everyone is going to whine when someone attacks the candidate they like.

I do think this ad is recockulous. But it's mildly amusing at the same time. I wouldn't ask that it be pulled. But I think they risk offending Yahweh asking HIM to get involved in something like this. Like praying to make sure your team wins the football game.
8/11/2008 9:16:30 PM

0 comments: