counter statistics

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Minnesota Republican Executive Committee Votes to Not Spend Resources Defending the SD 16 Endorsement of Mark Olson

I got a tip that the Republican Executive Committee voted to acknowledge the endorsement of Mark Olson, but also not spend resources on the race. I confirmed this with a member of the Executive Committee.

The executive committee member told me that the motion clearly was a negative statement about the Endorsement, since normally the Party Executive Committee does not do motions about spending on specific legislative races. This is normally the perogative of the Party Chair.

I have contacted Party Chair, Ron Carey for comment.

1 comments:

Markh said...

I hope the Republicans in SD 16 who attended precinct caucuses and the district convention that endorsed Mr. Olson refuse to give any more $ to the state GOP party.