counter statistics

Sunday, August 17, 2008

MN Publius Calls Michael Brodkorb Out

Aaron from MN Publius posts about Jason Lewis's show which criticizes "partisan hack bloggers" among others who condemned the local Republican Party unit which endorsed Mark Olson. The title of the post is inaccurate, because Lewis didn't mention Brodkorb by name. It was clear in the context of the show, that "the blogger" Lewis was talking about, was Michael Brodkorb.

Brodkorb wasn't happy:

9 Michael B. Brodkorb
August 17, 2008 at 8:01 pm
Aaron Landry = Liar. Contrary to Landry The Liar’s (aka Team Franken’s embedded blogger) headline, I don’t believe Jason Lewis ever said my name on his radio show. Numerous bloggers spoke out against Olson endorsement. Lewis frequently referred to the “bloggers” on his radio program. Aaron Landry has a serious problem with the truth.


Political Muse responded:

11 Political Muse
August 17, 2008 at 9:28 pm
Well, Michael, at 6:09 in the audio Mark Swanson states that “Mr. Brodkorb can write what he wants”. Moments later, Lewis talks about a campaign led by THE blogger. Now he may not have said your name explicitly but you cannot deny that you are THE blogger in question. So, you might not want to go throwing the term liar around so flippantly.


Brodkorb has none of it:

13 Michael B. Brodkorb
August 17, 2008 at 10:01 pm
Political Muse: I wasn’t the first Republican blogger to speak out against Representative Olson’s endorsement - that honor goes to one of my favorite bloggers, Gary Gross at Let Freedom Ring Blog. But I’m still very proud of my post about Representative Olson. Lewis frequently referred to the “bloggers” who spoke out against Olson endorsement. Numerous conservative bloggers spoke out against Olson endorsement and Lewis never mentioned me by name, nor did he discuss the name of my blog. I could be one of the “bloggers” Lewis was referring to, but I wasn’t singled-out by Lewis as was Senator Coleman and the Senate Republican Caucus. Lamdry is claiming I was singled out by Lewis. I’m not afraid of getting called out on Jason Lewis’ program - but Landry’s post is dishonest. I don’t enjoy writing this, but Aaron Landry is a liar. I believe Landry knows the truth, but chooses to lie. It’s really sad.


I would disagree. I believe Lewis was referencing Brodkorb, though not by name. He only talked about this story after it hit the Star Tribune. The blog post that was referenced in Bloghouse, was Brodkorb's.

Gary Gross also comments:

17 Gary Gross
August 17, 2008 at 10:25 pm
As a GOP activist, I recognize the endorsing convention’s right to endorse the candidate of their choice. What Michael & I did, however, was voice an opinion that this endorsing convention made a poor decision, one which we vehemently disagree with.

As for Jason Lewis, he doesn’t speak for my type of conservatism. He’s a neanderthal.

As for Michael, I’ll trust him because I’ve dealt with him over the past several years. He’s hard-hitting but he’s accurate. When he writes something, it’s accurate.

My thoughts on Mr. Landry? Methinx he’d better do better research before jumping in the ring with Michael.

Finally, Lewis talks about the elitists having it in for Rep. Olson. What’s interesting is that I’ve heard from lots of low-profile activists from across the state. They agree with Michael & I. They think that the endorsing convention got it wrong.

Are these low-profile activists elitists too? They are by Mr. Lewis’ standards. Forgive me if I’m not presuaded.


Jason Lewis didn't say the endorsing convention got it right. He said that the state party ought to respect the results of the local endorsing convention.

Chris comments:

3 Chris
August 17, 2008 at 5:32 pm
First, let me say that I personally don’t know ten people who give a damn about what Jason Lewis says. To me, Jason Lewis is the ultimate elitist. He’s a guy who ran for Congress in Colorado as a pro-choice moderate. He only supports Michele Bachmann and maybe John Kline. He hates every other Republican in the state — especially Tim Pawlenty and Norm Coleman. If you don’t do what Jason says, then you’re a RINO, etc.

Second, I’ve thought that for years the real elitists are the delegates. There are 80,000 people in a State Senate District. Out of the 80,000, 97 said they wanted Mark Olson. But what’s really elite about them is they want to tell their neighbors that they can only support Mark Olson and don’t want them to have another choice. They think they know more than their neighbors which is why they only want a handfull of people picking who runs and who doesn’t. The same is probably true on the DFL side, but I can’t say for sure because I’m not as familiar with their endorsing system. I only know that the DFL has a long history of having the endorsed candidate for major offices go down the tubes.

It’s time to end the caucus system as we know it today and go to a primary system. Let the candidates pay their $100 filing fee, buy a new pair of shoes and knock on doors to get their name out.

0 comments: