counter statistics

Friday, August 29, 2008

Sarah Palin: Creationist

Afarensis and Thoughts from Kansas wraps this up, quoting from a 2006 Governor Debate::

Next, [moderator] Carey asked about teaching alternatives to evolution - such as creationism and intelligent design - in public schools. …
PALIN: “Teach both. You know, don’t be afraid of information.

“Healthy debate is so important and it’s so valuable in our schools. I am a proponent of teaching both.

And, you know, I say this, too, as the daughter of a science teacher. Growing up with being so privileged and blessed to be given a lot of information on, on both sides of the subject -- creationism and evolution.

“It’s been a healthy foundation for me. But don’t be afraid of information and let kids debate both sides.”


Let's teach both sides on whether the earth is round or flat too, eh?

Josh continues quoting Obama:

"I'm a Christian, and I believe in parents being able to provide children with religious instruction without interference from the state. But I also believe our schools are there to teach worldly knowledge and science. I believe in evolution, and I believe there's a difference between science and faith. That doesn't make faith any less important than science. It just means they're two different things. And I think it's a mistake to try to cloud the teaching of science with theories that frankly don't hold up to scientific inquiry."

Joe Biden, with typical bluntness, dismissed the notion of creationism, telling Bill Maher that it is "malarkey!"

Anyone who really thinks this election doesn't matter isn't paying attention.


I like the way Joe Biden put it the best.

0 comments: