counter statistics

Saturday, October 11, 2008

MN GOP Pimps Sarah Palin for Donation Plea

I received another remarkable fundraising letter from Mr. Ron Carey, chair of the Minnesota Republican Party. This time, at least the appeal was addressed to me, rather than an imaginary spouse.

Here are some choice quotes from the letter:

'I don't know about you, but I take a lot of pride in the fact that America first got to know Sarah Palin right here, in St. Paul'.

Yes, Chairman Carey. And should I also be 'proud' of the footage from the McCain appearance in Lakeville MN, where he had to explain to a Minnesotan that Senator Obama is not an Arab. When he made a plea for some civility, the knuckle dragging crowd booed. That sort of hysteria is partly thanks to the unhinged rants of Caribou Barbie.

'There's only been a handful of truly "pivotal" political moments in our lifetimes. You and just witnessed one a few weeks ago'.

You need somebody to edit your grammar in these letters. Was 'There's' intended to be a contraction of 'There has'? If so, it should have read 'There have', as you later reference 'moments', which is plural.

Otherwise, I agree.... the nomination of Sarah Palin was a remarkable event. I hope we don't see anything like that again.

'And America's favorite 'hockey mom' dramatically changed the political landscape here in Minnesota, and all across America'.

Again, I guess I sort of agree with you. She is making an effective appeal to the lowest common denominator in the electorate. We are no longer supposed to focus on finding the best and the brightest for national leadership - instead, we get worked up over someone who talks like an Arctic Circle hillbilly.

'Today, Sarah Palin is in the crosshairs of a coordinated, vicious attack campaign.'

(Applause)

Go Ron. We need to defend poor Sarah against the vicious attacks from people like George Will, Peggy Noonan, Chuck Hagel, David Brooks, David Frum, Kathleen Parker, and those other commies at the National Review.

The letter than explains how the PCR program works, whereby a nominal ($50) contribution from myself, or $100 if I could get my imaginary, cheapskate wife to chip in, could get reimbursed by the state of Minnesota. Hmmmmm ... tax dollars at work.

Ron Carey continues:

'The State of of Minnesota's PCR program - and the devoted Republicans who take part in it - are our financial lifeline. We can't compete against the Democrats' money machine without it. Or without you.'

That's a remarkable statement... even for fundraising hype. The Republican party, the party of fiscal conservatism and 'paddle your own canoe, damn it' is telling me that without taxpayer help, they can't win. Please help us by putting your paw into the trough, and pulling out $50.

It gets better....

'If I receive your contribution of $50 or $100 on my desk before Friday, October 17th, I'll send you a commemorative foam 'Palin Puck', in honor of America's favorite "hockey mom", and the Democrats' worst nightmare, Sarah Palin.'

Yeah, that text was really bolded in the fundraising letter. I couldn't make up this crap if I tried. I have no need for a foam hockey puck, unless I can find two foam hockey sticks.

'P.S. Sarah Palin has thrown the Democrats for a loop. They just don't understand this self-described "hockey mom". But Minnesotans sure do'.

So - there are no Minnesotans who are Democrats????

Actually, Ron, I think Minnesotans do understand Sarah Palin. She's a lying, power hungry, smart-ass, narcissistic, creationist whack job, and Senator McCain, in my eyes, destroyed his credibility with this bizarre, cynical, insulting nomination'.

1 comments:

Wolfgang said...

Dear People of the 5th Congressional District and the State of Minnesota. After reading the following, "'The State of of Minnesota's PCR program - and the devoted Republicans who take part in it - are our financial lifeline. We can't compete against the Democrats' money machine without it. Or without you.'

That's a remarkable statement... even for fundraising hype. The Republican party, the party of fiscal conservatism and 'paddle your own canoe, damn it' is telling me that without taxpayer help, they can't win. Please help us by putting your paw into the trough, and pulling out $50."

I'm here to tell you Chairman Carey is full of S*** and himself. His fundraising efforts have not helped any of the GOP Endorsed Candidates in Minnesota unless they kissed his ass our already had enough money to tell him to go F*** off!