counter statistics

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Seifert v Emmer

Seifert won the election for minority leader of a smaller caucus. Triple A had supported Tom Emmer. His commenters debated the race:

J. Ewing Says:
November 13th, 2008 at 11:01 am
I like Tom Emmer, but I just don’t recognize the Marty Seifert you’re talking about. He is the most outspoken, dynamic and brazen conservative I have ever seen in the MN GOP. I’ve noted dozens of places where he has pushed the DFL into a corner on our issues, either succeeding or making them take votes that we can later use against them. He held the caucus together better than could be expected considering the “gang of six.” I’ve heard rumours he may not want the job any more, but I can’t see pushing him out. Maybe he wants more time to run for Governor. I could go for that.

Larry1 Says:
November 14th, 2008 at 11:58 am
Seifert has done a fine job.

Emmer would be a divider, he’s opposed to a governor that has a 61% approval rating.

It would be difficult to recognize common sense from a person whose top legislation was to have people castrated.

LibertyFirst Says:
November 15th, 2008 at 7:15 am
Larry1

The Pawlenty/McCain direction for the Republican party is destroying it. How many more seats do we have to lose before we abandon these liberal Republicans? If Tom Emmer will stand against Governor Global Warming, that is good enough for me.

J. Ewing Says:
November 16th, 2008 at 2:53 pm
Just to recap, it’s over and Seifert won. I think the GOP minority is in good hands. They’ll have to stick together even better this time around. Fortunately that is made easier by getting rid of at least six unreliable GOP votes.


Personally, I'm disappointed Tom Emmer didn't win. I believe he would have provided a rich motherload of entertainment as minority leader. It is ironic that Triple A's commenters are celebrating making the party smaller.

0 comments: