counter statistics

Monday, January 05, 2009

Amy Klobuchar Responds on Teen Challenge Earmark

Dear Ms. Young:

Thank you for contacting my office with your thoughts on federal funding for Minnesota Teen Challenge. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you know, I joined with several members of Minnesota’s Congressional Delegation, including Representatives Keith Ellison and Jim Ramstad, in submitting Minnesota Teen Challenge’s request for Fiscal Year 2009 federal funding for a drug abuse prevention program. These projects are submitted for consideration upon the request of constituents, and funding is then determined by the Senate Appropriations Committee.

As the prosecutor for Minnesota’s largest county, I regularly witnessed the impact that drug abuse can have on individuals and neighborhoods, and I worked with a wide variety of institutions and organizations in fighting this problem. Moving forward, I will work with local leaders, government officials and families on new approaches and practices that will help us reduce drug abuse.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. One of the most important parts of my job is listening to what the people of Minnesota have to say to me. I am here in our nation’s capital to do the public’s business and to serve the people of our state. With that in mind, please do not hesitate to contact me again about matters of concern to you.


Amy Klobuchar
United States Senator

Who are the rest of the "several members" of the Minnesota Delegation?


Avidor said...

Good question.