counter statistics

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Log Cabin Republicans on Tom Emmer and Bradlee Dean

According to Mark Knief President of Log Cabin Republicans of Minnesota, Tom Emmer did offer to speak to Log Cabin Republicans last winter prior to the endorsement. "We haven't worked out the arrangements yet."

"We haven't decided whether to endorse Tom Emmer for Governor - or to make any endorsements with the slate of constitutional offices."

I asked for his comment about the Republican Party and Tom Emmer's relationship with Bradlee Dean and You Can Run But You Cannot Hide, and he said: "Bradlee Dean and You Can Run But You Cannot Hide are Extremists, and the Party should distance themselves from them."

"There is no doubt in my mind that the general tide is turning within the Republican Party. I think this is the theocratic right's last stand."

I also asked about legislative candidate endorsements, and Mark said they endorsed a number of candidates, and that "The pro-equality candidates are typically city candidates and candidates all over the state are more willing to be educated."


Markh said...

LCR can't make up their minds on Tom Emmer? What would it take for them to refuse to endorse?

'My husband beat me 5 times last week. If he beats me one more time, that's it'.